Sunday, April 01, 2007

Palm Sunday Hijinks


It April...Fool!!! (My best Mr. T impression)

Usually, I don't go in for holidays...they tend to be a little commercial, but seeing as today is both Palm Sunday, and April Fools Day, I just had to step up and celebrate.
Now remembering, of course that I'm a very bad Catholic, I decided to participate in the foolery instead of the frond waving (but hey zanah ho zanah to you).
Now, I have some friends here in the Alberni Valley who are both decidedly anti-organized religion, and very much against people putting flyers through their mail slot. So I figured and advertisement for a prayer meeting at my house would be a funny gag. I got the idea from a flyer that someone put through my mail slot last week. Some crap about salvation and rapture. Anyway I made up a suitably cryptic flyer (with my address on it). Now the only question is, will they figure it out??? Oh the Tom Foolery.
Its almost as classic as calling your mother and telling her that your girlfriends pregnant.

4 Comments:

Blogger mimi said...

i think being a catholic is more of a lifestyle actually... before u call ur self bad catholic that is... :) God bless...

8:15 p.m.  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

Brother, you are going to H-E-double-hockey-sticks fer sure now. :)

Did you get many takers?

8:47 a.m.  
Blogger Tai said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:05 p.m.  
Blogger Tai said...

RATS! I missed the meeting! Was anything important said?

Don't worry about going to hell...I know the owner, I'm pretty sure I can get you hooked up with some sweet seats.

6:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home