Thursday, February 01, 2007

Male Enhancement Breakthrough: See IT from SPACE

Sometimes I feel like I'm always traveling. I just got back from my vacation in Central America to find that I've been magically transported to the "Misty Moors of Scotland". Seriously, the sun has not shone down on my house since I've been back. I'm growing moss on my skin. It's damp and It's cold. This is the typical view down my street in the afternoon (after the worst has burned off). The picture isn't out of focus...it's just a wee bit foggy.
Fortunately, I'm able to escape the fog by jumping in my truck, and driving a mere 11 KM up to the top of the Hump, where there is a pleasant, small lake, bathed in sunshine from morning till dark. Sure, I have to dodge a few logging trucks along the way, but it's totally worth it. Despite the fact that it's actually much colder up at this elevation, it's somehow warming to sit on a rock by the frozen lake, and let the rays of the sun warm my molding flesh(that tan I got in Nicaragua has just about disappeared). The dog also enjoys the sun, although she has to break the thin crust of ice to go swimming.
Anyway, enough bitching about the weather. You could hear this complaint from a stranger at the mall. So lets focus on some of the more monumental achievements of mankind: the Great Wall of China, the Pyramids of Ghiza, Machu Picchu,the Nazca Lines, and the Southampton Penis. What....Never heard of the Southampton Penis?? Well, it does fall into the category of human created art that can be viewed from space. (See full article here)
The Southampton Penis was created as a practical joke by some school chums out to seek immortality. While I don't care for their medium (weed killer is never cool), and while their subject is a tiny bit infantile (although there have been many phallus cults studied intensely by both anthropologists and the art world), I can't help but respecting their vision.
When I was an active tree planter, I always fantasized about spelling out messages with trees. These messages, could for obvious reasons, only be deciphered from above. I never actively pursued this dream, due mainly to apathy and greed, but I do regret not leaving a legacy behind for the millions of Google Earth users.
I know of a stand of trees just north of Campbell River that was planted with poplars amongst a sea of Douglas-fir seedlings, that spells out the corporate logo of the now defunct M&B logging empire. I wonder if it has survived the recent selling and reselling of the business, or if it got logged when Weyerhauser took over?
It is my firm conviction that people should post more messages that can be viewed from space. George W. Bush has the technology to monitor you're neighbourhood, so why not send him a little token of your "appreciation" for all he's done for the world. This could be a community building project, where in all of your neighbours on your side of the street paint a single 20 foot letter on their roofs, cleverly spelling out the message of your choice. There is no need to be crude, but remember the subtlety and complexity of your message is limited by the length of your street and the willingness of your neighbours to comply with your project (planning tip: abstainers can be used as spaces, so work those into the message).
You could always plant some hedges that spell out dirty words...just for fun.
Or take it to the macro level...plant some carrots in your garden so they shout out your voice of protest.
Language is not just for speaking, and things other than books can be read. Living graffiti...the new language of the revolution.


2 Comments:

Blogger Tai said...

Carrots of the Revolution, huh? I guess it's got a ring to it.

Oh, and the guidebook cover pictures? That's very cool, I didn't know it was a 'thing' to do. I'll have to try that.

8:52 a.m.  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

I think we need to get this post of yours out to the world..especially if we can send a message to President Bush who apparently, in his own words, "does use the Google".

My roof will happily sponsor the letter, (oh, let's say)"F". :)

By the way, in the British Isles there are many things such as giant phalluses carved into the chalk of hillsides. You can see them for miles around. An fertility cult perhaps, but the Celts had bored teenagers too, right?

8:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home