Sunday, June 25, 2006

35 Degrees in the Shade (if only I could find some)

The dog days of summer are upon us...a mere 4 days after the solstice, the mercury cruised up past 35 degrees...rendering life impossible.
Port Alberni is a heat sink...if the weathers hot where you are...I guarantee it's hotter here...and the temperture is recorded in a cool spot...that 35 is more like a 37 or 38 on my front porch.
The picture of the blazing orb is the 7:30 in the evening sun...rentless into the night.
The dog has given up eating.
I could not muster the energy to mow the lawn...probably a good decision from a health perspective.
The plants I took from my sister yesterday are withering in their pots.
On the plus side I took my first swim of the year in the river...and bikinis are back,... and beer is getting tasty.
Tomorrow...even hotter. If you are skeptical, check out what environment Candada has to say about it...their always right about heat spells...its the rain they get wrong.

HOT SPOT

1 Comments:

Blogger Spider Girl said...

Yeah, I suspect it's not just because I'm a delicate flower that I'm disliking this heat. I was out in it at the flea-market on Sunday (as you can read about on my blog).

But I noticed on the forecast that Port Alberni is even freakin' hotter. My sympathies.

8:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home