Sunday, May 14, 2006

No one ever told me that blogging would be a chore...honestly I haven't posted in a week and I feel like a neglectful parent or something. Anyway...my content may be weak this week, but at least I'm posting...the albatross is temporarily staved off. File this entry under random musings, and remember this is my seventh straight day of work in what promises to be an eleven day work week.

I took these photos last night as I was walking the dog…she needed to pee and all the good TV shows have been pre-empted by the hockey playoffs. So with a couple of cervezas in my belly and my trusty friend on the leash we ventured forth from the motel. This is what we saw.

ITEM 1

I realize that many people are keen on the weeping or cascading forms of the maple species (I even have a few myself) but this one honestly reminds me of "The Trash Heap" from Fraggle Rock...Well let the music play, work is for an other day...the trash heap has spoken and it recommends some landscaping classes.

ITEM 2

This is the culmination point of the walk. I'm staying at a place called the Seaside Villa, but I actually can't see the sea...so I really wanted to get down to the beach. Nothing too remarkable about this little breakwater marina, except that when I arrived I couldn't help shaking the most profound sense of deja veux.... This little mystery was cleared up by Item 3, which (and do remember my living situation, is a mural found on my bedroom/living room wall.

ITEM 3

I think everyone should find a landscape hanging on a wall, and journey forth to discover it...its oddly satisfying

3 Comments:

Blogger Spider Girl said...

I could hear in my head the refrain from Fraggle Rock with alarming clarity: "The Trash Heap has spoken! Nyaaaaahhh!"

7:43 a.m.  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

There is always something attractive about a marina with its maritime vessels. It calls me even if I cannot come.

5:46 p.m.  
Blogger Tai said...

"Nyaaaaaah!"

But besides that, you're right.

A picture of a landscape is drastically changed when you can find the landscape as you wander.

Thus,I have a Cumberland 'scape that serves me in exactly that manner.
You would recognize it instantly, I'm sure.

10:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home