Friday, August 11, 2006

Jah Made the Herb for Man

With the terror alert on maximum crimson, and in a world where sports drinks and suntan lotion are considered potentially lethal weapons, it’s time to bring it closer to home…to take stock of our own back yards, and to have a gander at the world around us.

Now the environmental types out there like to criticize the practice of clear cut logging…but many of these same people are busy little bees at this time of year, putting in hard hours to raise BC’s second cash crop of the forest. I often admire the sophistication and sly cunning of the hemp farmer. He is a crafty creature, moving undetected through the back roads, and through the cutblocks in which I work.

Of course, not everyone out there is sophisticated or smart, some to put it bluntly (oh and I’m sure they’d get a chuckle out of the word bluntly) are as dumb as a sack of hammers.

I once ran into a young gentleman with a very good plan. His crops were spread out along the edges of the openings, so that no obvious concentrations of that fine crop could be detected by the men in the black helicopters (seriously, you should check out the sky over Texada Island in September). He had a pickup with a 100 gallon tank in the bed, a quiet pump, and a few hundred feet of hose. In this manner he could drive around and bring water to his crops. He had nice plants, and a clean looking operation. Unfortunately, he had that chronic pot smoker habit of spacing out. He parked his truck in the middle of the road, blocking my way. I had to honk to get him to come out and move it so I could get home. Now, you look mighty suspicious with a truck, a huge water tank, and some hose. The next day I went and took a look.

Then, there was the guy who was walking through a cutblock with a full bail of sunshine mix (that’s pro mix #4 for you gardening types…extra perlite). He had the audacity (and I must add that this particular cutblock was on private timberlands) to ask me what I was doing there. Me…the guy with the hard hat and the high vis vest.

It’s always fun finding the plantations…lucky for them I don’t smoke the ganja, because it’s always tempting to nip a bud or two. You can always tell where it’s being grown. Subtle disturbances in the landscape (and later in the fall the tell tale aroma). You rarely stumble upon it.

I like to screw with peoples heads, without destroying there enterprise ( a mans got to earn a living) but to play with their paranoid minds is fun. Sometimes I hip chain around all the plants, leaving a bizarre pattern of survey string like a demented spider. Once I hung falling boundary ribbon around the crop. This particular time (Thursday afternoon) I hung a note saying that the area will be re-planted in the fall (which it will). I figure it will give the guy the opportunity to move his operation before the planters smoke it all up.

I put this last picture in my survey report as the representative photo of the stratum. I also entered in a 1% cover of Cannabis sativa into the competing brush description (although I’ve never really seen pot compete with conifer seedlings…you would have to grow a whole shwack bud to harm a tree). Mostly, it’s a harmless industry. Good for them I say. Unless they leave a lot of trash behind. One fellow I work with came home with 20 full sized garbage cans. He gave me one. I put my trash curb side in it every Monday morning. You think that the people in the cannabis culture would be into recycling…but I guess that would be stereotyping.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, mon, some righteous photos! Jah made the herb for man—right on! How natural the pot blends in with the rest of the vegetation! If it were only allowed to grow wild in our forests! Ganja is good medicine! If more people knew that, we wouldn’t have so much pain!

If the British terrorists spent more time smokin’ ganja and less plannin’ to smoke some airliners, t’would be a better world! Their kin in the Middle East are suffering, but so is the whole bloody world, that’s no excuse. Chill out, brothers, I say! Light up a blunt and enjoy the Paradise all around us. Jah meant us to be happy! Take Him up on the offer!

If anyone should have an excuse to blow up a plane, it’s me. Cancer reared its ugly head last January. I nearly died from the shock! Not me! It must be some other guy! You’ve got the test results mixed up. It can’t be! Not cancer! Just cause I spent my teenage years working stripped down to the waist in blazing sunshine! Melanoma—Ugghhh! What an ugly growth on my skin!

They cut me and gave me radiation and chemo. The nausea was devastating! The doctor said take Marinol. Who’s got big bucks for that? So I started growing pot. I planted a dozen seeds in a wild spot near where I lived. I had to do it in a public place. Don’t have money for hydro and no backyard to speak of. But this place is sheltered and my plants are six feet tall now.

I searched the Web. Advanced Nutrients Medical has online advice. I got some Heavy Harvest fertilizer. The plants are thriving. I sampled a few buds. Harvest time is soon. The pot is great! I’m not ragin’ with anger no more. I accept my Cancer. The chemo has stopped, and the nausea is history.

Sure, I’m afraid of being ripped off, but so far (knock on wood) no one noticed. It’s a real wild place near my house. I live in a state where medpot is cool, so I’m not breakin’ the law. Hope those black helicopters you speak of stay away. Those bastards are straight out of my nightmares. Someone should shoot ‘em down!

I read on other blogs that the feds are still goin’ after medpot patients! State law allows it, what’s wrong with those uptight suits? Let them have cancer, see how they like it! Let them puke their guts out from the chemo, they’ll light up a blunt soon enough!

Thanks for those pix, man. You made my day! Jah did make the sacred herb for man. He made it for me, personally!

2:08 p.m.  
Blogger Tai said...

It's interesting that it's still being grown 'au natural'.
I wonder how it stacks up compared to the hydroponic stuff.

Now here's something I will never know!

5:44 p.m.  
Blogger adman said...

You may never know...but good use of the lingo anyway

12:07 p.m.  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

Remember my old boyfriend Daniel?

He said their was so much pot around when he was a kid that he and his friends used to play "Cops and Growers"...

Of course, he DID live on Lasqueti...

2:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home