Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Helicopter Rides - A Retort

Yes...this is a RETORT to my sisters recent post about the joy of riding around in one of those new fangled flying machines known as helicopters.

The video below captures my true feelings about flying.

Like the ride described by my sister, we are flying high in the mountains above a glacier. Yes, it is pretty. See the beautiful blue glacial lake? Now see the helicopter fly downwards at breakneck speed like a demonic roller coaster that has jumped the track. Now see the man clutching the seat as his heart tries to jump free from his chest. Now see the response he gives the cameraman for filming said event.
A moving picture is worth many thousand words.

PS dear Sister, I have a flight booked for Thursday morning. I may not be looking forward to it as much as you would.



2 Comments:

Blogger Spider Girl said...

Heh, somehow I KNEW this would be your response! Very eloquent. So much conveyed in a simple hand motion. Poetic. *coughs* :)

As I was flying I was thinking about how much you actually disliked helicopters and all their sundry breakneck speed charms.

Mike (our pilot who is also owns the logging company Jeff works for) showed us some pretty dodgy spots where some heli-logging took place. Can't really say I'd like to jump out in some of those places.

5:02 p.m.  
Blogger Tai said...

Hmm...breakneck speeds and demonic roller coaster.
You sure that wasn't a car ride with me?

4:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home