Monday, June 04, 2007

Inspiration


A catchy new age title, eh?
It's true though, sometimes the world around you gives you ideas...this is called inspiration.
So today I was inspired. Not in any life changing way, but the beauty of the natural world did give me an idea on what to do with a 7x7 foot trouble area of my yard.
The amazing thing is that this beaver pond is only a 5-10 minute drive from my house, about 300 metres down a wheel-chair accessible trail. And I had never been there before (thanks Geocaching)
I'm going to steal me some off these irises and build a small swamp.
Thanks Beavers...you rule.
(now how exactly did all those irises get there??-not a native species)

Of course, inspiration can lead you to do crazy things, like the other day when I was inspired to carry the perfect river rock back to my truck from the river. Seriously, a 20 pound rock in my arms for over a kilometre.
But hey, I have a nice rock, maybe I'll put it by my new swamp.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ciao , I wish I could build a swamp
but my whole yard is too dry.I have a friend that built a bog garden.That's almost the same thing,just a little bit dryer.I love the Irises and the rocks.Especially the rocks.You can never have too many big rocks, or interesting rocks of any size.
Love, Mom

6:15 p.m.  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

I actually discovered a single yellow iris in my yard just last night...could do with some more, dear brother.... :)

As for the rock, it's a great rock... but you're quite mad. It looked freakin' heavy.

7:37 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home