Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Perplexed in Port McNeil

Do you ever encounter one of those mystical quandaries that you wrestle with to the very core of your being?
I stumbled across this gem early one morning on my way to catch a boat.

Now what exactly is the difference...its like that old laundry detergent add on TV...Do you see the difference?...I don't see the difference...Do you see the difference...on and on in a never ending spiral of metaphysical angst.

Were those French fries I had at lunch greasy...or were they oily? Apparently someone in Port McNeil knows the difference and is keeping track of the matter.

I didn't summon the physical courage to look inside, but one of my co-worker peeked inside the labeled "Grease Only". According to him, the contents are best described as a "gelatinous mass of brownish white, with a thin film of viscous, foul smelling liquid" (Editors note: description may vary from actual accounts...profanities and colourful euphemisms removed for readers protection).

To think, I've been using the one can system to drain my frying pans. I'll have to carve some room under my sink for another.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spider Girl said...

So...if anyone needed a big pile of grease and/or slimy used cooking oil they could just help themselves right?

10:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home