Sunday, March 12, 2006

Kira: She's Bookish


The love of a good woman is like a toaster, ....well, I tried, but the toaster metaphor actually does not work for most of life's situations. Anyway, this lttle post is about my partner (the girlfriend, the old lady...choose your own term).
Kira made the observation that my blogs haven't really included her, so I thought I might try to remedy this

As an update, Kira still lives in a van about 1400kms from home. She's an archeologist working in northern BC's oil-patch. She's been doing this for a while now, and spends most her time far far away. However, this is about to change. Recently she was offerred a job much closer to home (well for most of the time), so theres a good chance that I will at least get to see her on weekends. This is a good thing.
On a side note, after thirteen years of co-habiting, I think we may have gotten engaged last weekend. We also decided that we are going to Mozambique this winter. It was a pretty good weekend.
Oh, and if we do end up getting married, she will be moving out of her van.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tai said...

you MAY be engaged?

Interesting.

Well, I might just be congratulating you then!

10:50 a.m.  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

*THUD*

That's the sound of your sister falling out of her chair. :)

Hey, are you guys going to elope in Mozambique? It would make good dinner-table conversation next time the family gathers around the holiday table.

Say hi to Kira from me! Tell her it would be lovely if she didn't have to live in her van.

Oh yeah, and congrats!

11:05 p.m.  
Blogger kimber said...

Possible congratulations! Will you let us know when you find out if you are :actually engaged? :D

11:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home